AboutWe give dogs the most important ride of their life. Founded in 2012, our volunteer-based charity has transported close to 2,500 dogs across North America and internationally that are at the threat of being euthanized. Working in partnership with shelters, we identify and transport dogs on buses, cars and planes to pre-qualified homes in Alberta and the Eastern Region of B.C. When our dogs have adjusted from their journey and settled into their foster homes, they are either adopted by the foster or become available for adoption.
We are addressing an international crisis about shelter over-populations, owner dog surrenders and discriminatory breed specific legislation. We believe that every dog deserves a new leash on life.
We consistently seek fosters, funds, partners and volunteers.
Registered charity #825476732RR0001
Our VisionOur vision is of a world where all pets are well cared for in loving homes for life & away from the threat of Breed Specific Legislation - because of how they look.
We aim to achieve this vision by:
- Promoting good animal welfare and responsible pet ownership by providing support, guidance and education to members of the public.
- Working with many organizations to help animals, whoever and wherever the need is.
- Providing the best possible care for all animals.
- Setting standards of animal welfare in Canada, the USA and beyond.
- We strive to end the suffering of companion animals everywhere.
- We aim to find the right home for every animal in our care and will not quit until every animal is placed.
- We endeavour to support anyone who needs help in caring for their pets. Life happens and we understand.
- We believe the emotional and physical well-being of every animal we look after is paramount and is our first consideration.
- We value our volunteers, supporters, and our partners. We know without you, there would be no "us".
- We pride ourselves on being open, honest, and dedicated in every aspect of our work.